BREC is on the lookout for a whole new generation of young theatre makers!
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone aged 15 to 25, who dreams of a creative life, no matter what your experience or where you come from. You will have the opportunity to create a new theatre production from scratch. To meet and work with acclaimed professional theatre makers and to perform onstage at the best performing arts centre in Australia!
Intrigued? Well, come along to BREC for our free open day on Sunday 3 December at 10.30 am to meet our artistic director and get a taste of this new program.
OUR FIRST OPEN DAY
This three-hour introductory workshop will give you a chance to meet our artistic director and get a hands on experience of what a rehearsal for our new Youth Theatre Project will include. It’s also a great opportunity for our artistic director to get to know you and what your creative interests are.
Want to be a part of building our BREC’s first young theatre company? If you answer ‘yes’ to all the questions below, then we want you!
- Are 15 – 25 years old?
- Do you have flexible availability to attend rehearsals in 2018 on a mixture of Sundays and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons?
- Are you excited about working collaboratively with a bunch of young artistic minded people from different backgrounds and levels of experience?
- Do you have an open mind to new ways of creativity that you may not have experienced?
- Do you have ideas you want to share?
- Do you want to be one of the first to help shape this new project?
- Are you up for an exciting challenge and adventure?
The complete schedule and more details on membership and how to join in 2018 will be available at the Open Day.
Are you ready to register for this exciting new adventure?
Kathryn Osbourne is one of WA’s brightest and most inventive directors and theatre makers. Over her ten-year career, she has created and directed a variety of new theatre works, live performance and opera.
As a co-founder of Perth’s prolific theatre company The Last Great Hunt, Kathryn has recently been working at the Old Vic Theatre in London on a large-scale musical.
Kathryn’s awards include Golden Key Honorary Member (Leadership); WA Young Achiever of the Arts 2016 (Arts); PAWA Best New Play Award 2015 for ‘ELEPHENTS’ and The Fringe World Martin Sims Best New WA Work 2013 for ‘Minnie & Mona Play Dead’.